Sunday, March 16, 2008

How Simulated Teaching to be evaluated by others.

Simulated Teaching is just a very short presentation about fifteen to twenty minutes. So, I think my friends will not have too much time to focus on many criteria during my presentation, at the same time they also have to work on the activities or worksheets that we gave. Generally, they can judge on the flow of my teaching process whether it is interrelated and well designed or not. Besides that, I think they can focus on my set induction whether it is interesting, stimulus and creative or not. While on the Pre-Reading Stage, they can consider about the appropriateness of the text that I choose. Next is While-Reading, they shall take notes on the activity whether it is within the student’s ability or not. As they can grade that the worksheet is challenging, easy or too simple. Moreover, my friend can also evaluate my language based on grammar, accent and fluency. Is my instruction clear? Do I ask for feedback? They can also grade my confident during presentation and my preparation for it. Furthermore, the facial expressions, eye contact with students are also important because this is also a kind of communication between teacher and students. Time management can be evaluated to see whether the student is able to finish the task within the time frame. I hope my friends will pay attention to my simulated teaching and comment my presentation sincerely.

No comments: